PA Button Society - Spring 2023 Awards
DIV IV - - Related Specialties.
1. Cl. 3-2. 20 Any. Shoe Button Covers. 20 covers, including both singles and pairs. Assorted Materials. Red Rose Button Society. $10, 6, 4.
DIV IX - - Age not considered – includes buttons eligible in Div. I and/or Div. III, regardless of age. No age balance is implied; may include all modern or all old unless specified otherwise in the award. Div. II buttons are allowed unless excluded by the award.
2. Cl. 1-0 thru 15-5. 20 Any. Songs of the 1920s. Assorted Materials. Must Label Song. Susquehanna Button Club. $10, 6, 4. This is an assorted Materials award, please label the material.
3. Cl. 20-1. 25 Any. Architectural structures and/or scenes limited to Lighthouses. No limit on realistics and Studios. PA Dutch Button Club. $10, 6, 4. Please label any identifiable lighthouses.
4. Cl. 17-2. 20 Any. Birds. No limit on realistics and Studios. Alpha and Omega Button Club. $10, 6, 4. Please label any identifiable birds.
5. Cl. 6-0 & 7-0. 25 Any. Clear and Colored Glass and Black Glass specialized to Art Deco. No Balance required. Star Button Club. $10, 6, 4. Look for a variety of Art Deco patterns, and shapes and colors.
Novice Award – for those who have won 3 or less ribbons at PSBS competitions.
6. Cl. 17.1 thru 20-24. 20 Any. 5 buttons from each of the 4 pictorial sections. No Limit on studios or realistics. Awards Chairman. $10, 6, 4. Label each button with the class number that it represents.
Try to include as many different materials, decorative finishes (DF) and other material embellishment (OME) as possible. Look for a sew-thru, multiples, shapes and a usage button. Label a backmark.
7. Cl. 17-5.4. 25 Any. Dogs (domestic). Karen Finkbiner. $15, 10, 5. Please label any identifiable breed.
Mount as you please/Popular Vote
8. “Remind me of the Roaring 20s”. Star Button Club. $10, 6, 4.
MOLLY PITCHER MEMORIAL AWARDS
If you have won 1st place as an individual, you cannot participate in the next 2 competitions.
If you have won 1st place as a club, you cannot participate in the next competition.
9. DIV IX. Cl. 26-5. Various. Complete Summary. Label and mount in class order. No limit on Studios or Realistics. $50, 30, 20.
10. DIV IX. Cl 6-0. 25 Any. Black Glass Assorted. Label and mount in class order. $50, 30, 20.
Be sure to read the Blue book appendix for the class you are entering. Remember to label back marks, look for shapes, and different back types (i.e., a sew through), usage, multiples, and assorted materials if appropriate to the award.